This is our manifest for all modules developed in this project.
- All wcm.io modules are released following the Semantic versioning rules.
- This applies to both package versions and bundle versions.
- We use the same even-odd Versioning strategy as the Apache Sling project (releases always use a even version number for the third digit).
Support multi tenancy and configuration
- No configuration is just “global”, but can be applied on any configuration level
Minimal configuration and sensible defaults
- All features should usable “out-of-the-box” without the need of a lot of initial configuration and setup procedures
- Sensible defaults are applied for all configuration options
- Optionally relevant features can be configured and extended
Good API Design
- Good API design leveraging best practices e.g. How To Design A Good API and Why it Matters (Joshua Bloch), Effective Java 2nd Edition (Joshua Bloch), Clean Code (Robert Martin)
- Export only APIs and SPIs in OSGi, not the implementation
- Enforce separation of concerns
- Every user-visible part has to use i18n for translations (author and publish environment)
- By default we ship with English and German translations
- Design and implement everything for good testability - unit tests, integration tests, acceptance tests
AEM Product Dependencies
- Targeted at AEM 6 and up
- Targeted primary at the Touch UI, only basic support for Classic UI
- No overlays!
- Do not come into way when upgrading AEM versions or deploying service packs
- Test early with new AEM major versions